2015 was one of our best years yet, at Open Minds Agency. Here is a list of 10 most popular digital marketing blog posts from our blog.
First, a few highlights of the year. We are now a 3-year old digital agency. We celebrated our 3rd anniversary in the first week of December 2015.
In this 3rd year of operations we evolved in many ways:
- We served more clients this year than we have ever done before from all around the world (actually we have worked with clients from 5 out of the 7 continents on Earth in 2015!)
- We created more campaigns, more videos, more visual elements, more websites, more mobile apps and just more content than we have ever done before
- We were able to generate more traffic and amplify messages better for our clients than ever before
- We were able to implement better processes and put efficient systems in place
- We used some of the best digital media tools to help us serve our client efficiently
- We grew as a team that is more qualified, experienced and excited about what we do
- As a proof of doing the right thing, we heard more appreciation and positive feedback from our clients than ever before. In October 2015, after delivering a successful campaign series for one of our clients, we saw an entire 20+ member team give us a standing ovation during a review meeting of our performance, singing “For He’s a Jolly Good Fellow”! It was an overwhelming moment, I wish we had caught it on camera. What better satisfaction of work than hearing your client say ‘Thank you’.
- We also learnt a lot in 2015 from our mistakes and errors (… and there were quite a few!), that we plan to correct and set right in the coming year 2016.
Overall, 2015 was a fulfilling, purposeful, challenging, stretching, fruitful, full-of-learning and a rewarding year for us. We are very thankful for everything!
As we start the new year 2016, we thought it would be a good idea to look back and pick out some of the best blogs of the year to make sure you did not miss out the cream of the useful content that we worked hard to create. And we got our readers involved in the process of selecting the popular ones (indirectly) by analysing how they shared the content in 2015. The logic was simple: if our readers took the effort to share our content with their audience, it must be good, right? Even though there are other metrics like number of visits, duration of each page visit, bounce rate, etc., in our analytics tool, shareability is the top metric that indicates the popularity of any online content. We are glad and honoured to see that our audience considered them share-worthy in 2015.
10 Most Popular Digital Marketing Blog Posts from Open Minds Agency
1. Top 10 Latest Social Media Trends
The topper for 2015 was our post on social media trends based on the annual social media industry report by Michael Stelzner of Social Media Examiner. This blog outlines the top trends like – video being the top medium (which we continue to see grow), social media marketing being an important mix in your marketing effort, etc. Read more about the social media trends.
2. 6 Compelling Reasons To Increase Your Digital Marketing Effort
This is one of my personal favourites and I am glad our audience liked it too. This post outlines the 6 compelling reasons, with latest statistics on why anyone should focus on and increase their digital marketing effort. Read more about these reasons.
3. How To Choose The Right Hashtags
This is our first ‘review’ post, written by Rajkumar who heads our operations team. In this blog post, he reviews the Hashtagify tool and how as a business, you can use it to select the right hashtags. I think the popularity of this post is because of how it simplifies a complex task using a simple tool. Read more about how to choose the right hashtags.
4. Top 5 Mobile Marketing Trends
Mobile usage is growing around the world. The popularity of this blog post is not surprising since it outlines the top trends along with a list of 7 actions steps that a business can take to leverage the trends. Read more about mobile marketing trends.
5. How To Streamline Your Social Media Workflow – A Beginner’s Guide
Social media marketing can be complicating. In this blog post by Silam, who heads our account management team, he gives practical tips and techniques to simplify social media workflow and make it work for you. Read more about streamlining your social media workflow.
6. How To Choose The Right Social Media Channels For Your Business
With a plethora of social media channels, how do you choose the right set of channels for your business? In this post, we have simplified the selection process by giving you 5 self-assessment questions. Read more.
7. How Much Should You Spend On Digital Marketing?
Budget is a key question in the mind of any entrepreneur. So it is not a big surprise that this post has found its place in the top 10 posts of 2015. This post explains a scientific and practical way of determining your digital marketing budget. Read more about budgeting for digital marketing.
8. 10 Marketing Questions You Should Ask Your Web Developer: Website Building Essentials
Your website is the centre-piece of all your digital marketing activity. This post helps you ask the right questions to your web development team from a marketing perspective. Read more.
9. Small Businesses Can Win Using Digital Marketing
This is a post about emerging trends in digital media that empowers small businesses to win. As an agency that is passionate about helping small businesses and startups grow, we found these statistics encouraging, so we decided to share it along with some action points. Read more.
10. 50 Useful Mobile Apps For Marketing
The right tools can help you achieve great things. In this post, we list down 50 mobile apps that can help you become an efficient digital marketer on the move, along with the download links to Android and Apple stores. This is one post you do not want to miss, Read more.
Hope you found this useful. Which of these posts did you find useful for your business? And which of these inputs were you able to implement successfully? Let me know, I would love to hear from you.
Thank you for choosing and sharing the above content last year. In 2016, we will work harder to bring you more useful content that can help you grow your business using digital media and online marketing. Here’s to an awesome year 2016!